Friday, February 11, 2011

Black History Month

What do you think about setting aside one month per year as Black History Month?

I have heard a lot of opinions about it - on both sides.

Me, I don't really have a strong opinion either way ... and it seems to me that I really don't need to have one since it is not really my issue, is it? I do, however, think that the more people learn about anything & everything - including Canadian history and the reality that we are not as innocent & accepting as we would like to believe - the better.

Anyway... I'm only thinking about it because I have been wandering through threads on babble.ca (rabble.ca's discussion forums) and came across a link to this post on Womanist Musings: Why I am Skipping Black History Month ...which references some of the topics we touched on last semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment